Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Simply grab your current read, open to a random page, and share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page . . . just be careful not to include any spoilers!


My teaser this week comes from  Page 26 of The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett:

The Last ContinentAnd that had led to all the trouble with How to Dynamically Manage People for Dynamic Results in a Caring Empowering Way in Quite a Short Time Dynamically. Ponder didn’t know when this book would be written, or even in which world it might be published, but it was obviously going to be popular because random trawls in the depths of L-space often turned up fragments. Perhaps it wasn’t even just one book.

I've been reading Pratchett since I first picked up his Science Fiction Book Club editions in highschool and he never ceases to make me smile at least once per page.

So, how about it? Are you feeling teased? :)

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I'll have to give Pratchett another try one of these days. I tried a couple of his books and just bounced off. I didn't get his humor. My adult teaser is from Dead by Midnight by Carolyn Hart and my young adult teaser is from In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun teaser! The only Pratchett I've read is Good Omens. Based on this fun tidbit it looks like I need to start reading Discworld ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Teaser!! Thanx for sharing, here's mine:
    http://madamedsboudoir.blogspot.com/2011/05/tuesday-teaser-11_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser!! I am possibly the biggest fan of the Discworld.
    Incidentally, my teaser this week is from Discworld too :)
    Check it out!
    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds complicated and like a fun read.

    Nice tease, mine is here!
    Happy Tuesday ~ Miranda

    Win RIPTIDE by Margaret Carroll • Ends 5/15

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is probably my least favourite Discworld book, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it! It's still Terry Pratchett, after all.

    ReplyDelete