Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Insecure Writer’s Support Group (May)

The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. On this day we post about our thoughts, our doubts, and the fears we have conquered. We discuss our struggles and triumphs, and offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling.

Every post opens with a question (a blogging prompt, if you will), and this month's is:

It’s spring! Does this season inspire you to write more than others, or not?

Inspire? Yes. Motivate? Not so much. :)

After what feels like an eternity of damp and dreary alternating with cold and windswept, I am just about climbing the walls. As soon as there is a hint of spring in the air, all I want to do is get outside and enjoy it. Whether it is a leisurely bike ride, a meandering hike, or just patio lunches with the girls, this is the season to get out of the house and away from the keyboard.

It is during those rides and hikes that I do my best daydreaming, often crafting entire scenes in my head, which I then frantically try to capture on a worn and tattered notepad while still fresh. And it is on those patios that I do my best people watching, paying close attention to clothing, mannerism, attitudes, and more. I will do some daydreaming there too, creating stories for them, and giving wider, broader, often kinkier purpose to their simple lunchtime rendezvous.

I already have two stories scribbled down in half-thought, fragments, and skeleton scenes from the past two weeks. One is a fun, sweet, playful story of feminization and age regression (which will probably get written first), while the other is a darker, more erotically intense tale of female-led corporation (which I have teased a bit in my weekend captions). The only problem is finding the time to sit down and write . . . which is what rainy days and evening thunderstorms are for.


What about you? Are you seasonally inspired?

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts chase imaginary butterflies every time I turn around. It's a wonder I ever get a story written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warmer weather definitely makes me more productive. I can't wait for a laptop screen that lets me write outside! I'm co-hosting this month, and I wanted to offer some tips to our newer hoppers, just things to help you get the most out of the hop. :) 1) If you haven't already, you may want to make sure your Gravatar is up to date. This is because a lot of the hoppers are on Wordpress blogs, and Gravatar is the app for leaving comments there, and it allows people to click on your comment so that it brings them directly to your site so they can return your comment. 2) Another thing some people do is leave a link back to their blog directly in the comment. I do this sometimes: http://www.raimeygallant.com 3) You may also want to check out the #IWSG hashtag around social media, especially Twitter. :) Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete