Sunday, June 19, 2011

Monday In My Mailbox - What Are You Reading - What's Beside Your Bed?


In My Mailbox, It's Monday, What are you Reading, and What's Beside Your Bed? are weekly memes hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, Sheila at Book Journey, and Nanny at Getting Naughty Between the Stacks, respectively. All three are great ways to share the books you're either reading, or shifting to the top of your TBR pile (because, let's face it, sometimes a little shifting is the best we can manage!).


New in my mailbox this week are:

Miss Timmins' School for Girls: A Novel by Nayana Currimbhoy (for review)
The Commander and Den Asaan & Tales from Frewyn by Michelle Franklin (for review)
My Mistress' Thighs by Giselle Renarde (for pure reading pleasure first, review second)
Adventures of Benjamin Skyhammer by Nicole Sheldrake (for review)
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu (for review)
Carnal Surgery by Edward Lee (because I love my horror nasty and bizarre)
I Am Not Myself These Days by Josh Kilmer Purcell (how cany anybody resist a 7 foot tall drag queen named Aquadisiac with goldfish swimming in transparent bubbles covering "her" breasts)

Miss Timmins' School for Girls: A Novel   The Commander and the Den Asaan Rautu: Book 1 in the Haanta series   The Adventures of Benjamin Skyhammer   The Hairdresser of Harare   Carnal Surgery   I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)

As always, I'm generally hopping between books as the mood grabs me. Teasing me for time and seducing my attentions this week are:

Far Future Fembot: Bill's Story by D.B. Story (I can't wait to finish it . . . and I don't want it to end)
Blood Rights by Kristen Painter (just amazing - I'm loving the characters and the world)
Fezariu's Epiphany by David Brown (just starting this one, but I'm definitely intrigued)

Far Future Fembot: Bill's 
Story   Blood Rights (House 
of ComarrĂ©)   Fezariu's Epiphany

As for What's Beside My Bed? (a weekly meme hosted by Nanny at Getting Naughty Between the Stacks), I've got 2 reads this week:

 ♥ Lola Dances by Victor J. Banis (fun, sexy, and so very well-written)
My Mistress' Thighs by Giselle Renarde (I've read some of the stories before, but I'm loving them again)


Lola Dances   My Mistress' Thighs: Entire Collection

Well, that's it for now . . . what are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. I'm just finishing up Miss Timmins' School for Girls - it's definitely not what I expected, but in a good way!

    Here is my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have good reads. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be reading Miss Timmin's School for Girls shortly. Enjoy your books and your week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-44.html

    ReplyDelete