Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy 25th Anniversary to Labyrinth!

Labyrinth (Anniversary Edition)Wow, can you believe it's been 25 years since Jim Henson partnered with David Bowie on the magical masterpiece that is Labyrinth? Originally released on June 27th 1986,  it was a box-office failure, earning just under half of its $25 million budget . . . but has since gone on to become a well-deserved cult classic.

Sadly, this was the last feature film directed by Jim Henson before his death in 1990.

In honour of the its place in my memories (and, I trust, many of yours) as one of the most beautiful, enjoyable movies every made, join me in a happy little chorus from the Goblin King's Magic Dance:

You remind me of the babe
What babe? The babe with the power
What power? Power of voodoo
Who do? You do
Do what? Remind me of the babe


My apologies for getting that stuck in your head for the rest of the day (LOL), but it's a fitting tribute to the fact that memories are all that Jim Henson has left us . . . and my memories of this movie certainly rank up there with the best!

1 comment:

  1. Most favorite movie ever!! Loved it even though it was such a different movie. David Bowie kind of freaks me out now that I'm older. :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete