Monday, January 10, 2011

NEWS: Bibrary Index Update

While it hasn't been quite as long in the making as my last major update, I'm quite pleased to announce that version 3 of my Bibrary.com site (the LGBTQI Index companion to my blog) is now online and (so far) working beautifully.

On the navigation side of things, I've added drop-down menus instead of link lists, which (a) just look better, and (b) free up some much-needed space. In addition, I've made it possible to browse the index by either Genre or LGBT Theme, making it that much easier to find just what you're looking for.

On the design side of things, I've added a new Comments form (long overdue!), and cleaned up the appearance of the individual book listings as well. I think the new table format is much easier on the eyes, and definitely much easier to follow.

For those of you who are interested, tou can see the visual progression of the site below:

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

Of course, an update isn't an update without new books to add, and thank the Goddess it's awards season! Thanks to the Lambda nominees, Rainbow Award winners, and my ever-growing list over at Goodreads, I was able to add about 180 new books to the index (for a grand total of about 1290 titles).

I hope you enjoy it, find it a valuable resource, and visit often!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great, Sally! I like the new navigation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome resource! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, I'm really excited you have a YA list there - with some titles that are new to me! Thanks so much,
    Namaste,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete