Monday, January 3, 2011

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday, What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.


As always, I'm generally hopping between books as the mood grabs me, but the ones that caught (and successfully held) my attention over the holidays are:

Bone Factory by Steven Sidor (I didn't much care for this one, but managed to persevere to the very end. You can find my brief review HERE.)

The Alienist by Caleb Carr (A long-time staple in my bed-side reading pile, I was finally in the mood to dedicate myself to finishing this one, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You can find my glowing review HERE.)

Mistress Rules by Christine d'Abo (I actually finished this one just before the holidays, but it was so surprisingly well-done, I have to reach back a bit in time and give credit where credit is due. You can find my thoughtful review HERE.)

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (I've only finished the first - and longest - of these 4 stories, but it was vintage King. Few authors can pull off first-person narration the way he can, not only capturing the essence of the character, but also drawing the reader into the story.)

The Dinosaur Hunters by Homer Hickam (Having looked forward to this one for so long, I was a little anxious about diving in, but it's been wonderful so far. I have to admit, at just under halfway through I know more about the Bureau of Land Management than I ever cared to know, but the dinosaur excavation scenes are lovely).

As for what's next on my list.

Deviant Ark by Christopher Newman (a future dystopia, a closeted lesbian colonist, dual-gendered aliens, and the threat of interstellar war . . . looking to start in on this next)


♥ Stone Kissed by Keri Stevens  (a paranormal romance involving a witch who can talk to statues . . . sounds appropriately fantastic)

Carnal Healing by Virginia Reede (a contemporary romance involving a circle of witches who draw their power from sexual acts, and the order of sorcerers looking to stop the ritual designed to restore their full power . . . yummy!)

Well, that's it for now . . . what are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Wow you got a lot of reading in. I'm reading two books right now. Backstage Pass and The Ranger. Both romances and both hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the books! I need to get back int he swing of things after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete