Monday, August 2, 2010

NEWS: GLBT Challenge 2010

Okay, with bibrary.com going strong (a HUGE update is coming very soon), and with me helping to judge the 2010 Rainbow Awards, it's not like I really need another reason to keep reading.

Having said that, I love the idea of the GLBT Challenge. Basically, the challenge is exactly what it sounds like - something to get people reading and discussing literature with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender themes. There are a series of mini challenges as well (sadly, I missed the Transgendered issues challenge), including a GLBT speculative fiction challenge for August that is just screaming my name. Yes, there are prizes, but the real value of the challenge is the exposure it provides to new books and new authors.

I'm pretty confident I can hit Pink Triangle Level (8 books), but I'm going to strive for Rainbow Level (12 or more books). I know I'll read that many (at least!), I just need to get off my butt and post some reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment